The WdS Educational Foundation Scholarship Fund
Click Here to Apply Now
The WdS Educational Foundation works with Kansas City area school counselors to target students that meet the foundation’s scholarship standards, although all students meeting the criteria are welcome to apply. Every application is considered and reviewed personally by the foundation’s board members. Every finalist receives a partial scholarship (a minimum of $500) and the winners of The WdS Educational Foundation Scholarship receive $2,000 a year over the course of four years to be paid directly to the accredited college or university they decide to attend. While reviewing, the founding members are looking for the following criteria:
- Student is graduating from a Kansas City area high school this academic year. Those schools include, North Kansas City, Ruskin, and Van Horn.
- Student typically has an ACT score of between 19 and 26.
- Student has admirable character and displays academic promise.
- Student plans to attend a postsecondary school directly after graduating from high school.
- Student has a financial need.
Students may download the application via the link below and fill out the application as a PDF, or print the application and fill it out with a black or blue pen and mail it directly to:
WDS Educational Foundation
P.O. Box 16031
Shawnee Mission, KS 66203
Application must be neat, readable, and completely filled out. Though recommendations are welcome along with the application, they will not required for the application to be considered.